Affiliate marketing is not a new concept and it has been circulating since 1990. Yeah the concept of affiliate marketing is that old! But it’s still growing strong, that’s for sure. It is one of those evergreen marketing model that will never fade but only grow strong. It is strong money making program by which affiliate marketers can make serious and passive income.
Fascinated? Well let’s learn further. First thing first, let’s know the basic of affiliate marketing model. Imagine you have a seriously great product but zero knowledge on how to sell them. What will you do? You will go a marketing agency and hire them on monthly basis. But its gona cost you some serious money, right? Even if your product doesn’t sell well, you will have to pay the monthly bill. So, what could be a profitable solution? Here comes the blessing of affiliate marketing. In affiliate marketing you don’t have to pay upfront to get your products purchased. You just put a commission rate, flat or percentage of your product’s price and the affiliate marketer will promote your product on their site and sell it for commission. Affiliate marketing has been a source of passive income for so many marketers around the world that everyone is now jumping in to be the next successful affiliate marketer.
But don’t get too much excited yet. Affiliate marketing has never been a get rich easily scheme. It has always been a strategic marketing effort that made affiliate marketers tons of money in past. But there are some pros & cons of affiliate marketing. Take a look at the pros & cons to know if you are ready to jump on the bumpy roads of affiliate marketing.
- Even if you’re attending your 9-5 job your affiliate marketing websites will continue to make money for you. Sure it’s a great way of passive income. With proper mix of SEO and great content your affiliate marketing websites can be a cash cow.
- You don’t need to be marketing guru or marketing ninja in order to be a successful affiliate marketer. You just need some basic SEO knowledge and great content writing to hop in with the flow.
- Though for some people affiliate marketing is a full time job but one can always consider it as a side kick. You don’t need to put 14-16 hours of your day to be successful in affiliate marketing.
- You can’t control the product you will promote. As you’re selling products of others you can’t change the features neither you can customize it on your own for your visitors.
- As mentioned earlier, loads of people are jumping on affiliate marketing as the success stories of others spread. It’s way more competitive now than the past.
- One need to be very aware while choosing an affiliate product or service. Lots of scam news has been reported in recent times on scammed affiliate products.