As consumers spend more time on the internet and less time on other channels, advertisers are also forced to follow that trend. Ads must be where their eyes are. Unfortunately, digital marketing is not as simple and clear as traditional marketing.
Digital marketing is best done within the company (in-house) and cannot be passed on to the digital marketing agency for a variety of practical reasons. That's why digital marketing professionals are looking around the world, and demand for such candidates will only grow in the future.
If you have marketing experience and want to become an expert in digital marketing; you may be wondering, which is the best way to do it. The best way to become an expert in digital marketing is to start practicing digital marketing today. The best thing about digital marketing is that you can start working at a minimal level. All you require is a computer, an Internet connection and a small amount of money to play. You can learn digital marketing using concepts in your own mini-project. Here's what you can do now:
Choose a topic that interests you and begin a blog about it. Price: about $50 per year for the domain and hosting plan.
• Learn more about SEO and writing articles optimized for SEO on your blog.
• Install the Google Analytics tracking code and make sure you generate traffic on your blog. Explore Google Analytics.
• Open an AdWords account and search for keywords to see what people are searching on Google to find information about the topic for which you are writing blogs.
• Write more articles and post on your blog.
• Open a Facebook page dedicated to your blog (outside your personal site) and share articles on your Facebook page.
• Promote your website through Facebook advertising. The promotional budget can only be $ 10.
• Add the Facebook like function on your blog.
• Add social share buttons into articles on your blog. You can do this using WordPress plugins, and it's free.
• Sign up for an autoresponder service such as Aweber. It’s $20 a month. Also, try Getresponse.
• Integrate email registration forms into your blog and collect subscribers. Email subscribers every time you post something new on your blog.
• Promote your Facebook page via email marketing, and in turn, receive more email subscribers from Facebook.
• Promote your blog through AdWords. Start with very low CPC bids. Most new AdWords accounts receive a free $100 credit for promotion. If you do not get it, call Adwords support, and they will give you free credits to get started.
• Sign up for Google Adsense and place your ad code into your blog.
• Turn your blog into a mobile-compatible blog and create mobile ads in AdWords.
All of the above steps can be done within 30 days by investing one hour per day. Following all of the measures above, you will gain hands-on experience in the following areas, which essentially summarizes the major components of digital marketing:
COMPONENTS OF DIGITAL MARKETING
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Paid Search (PPC)
Social Media Marketing
Digital Display Marketing (Ad Ops)
Web Analytics and Reporting
30 hours of experience may not make you an expert in digital marketing, but you will be a much more qualified digital marketing professional than most people in the market. Then you can continue to expand your mini-project and add more stuff. Most people have become an expert in digital marketing practicing by their selves. They started their first project with the steps outlined above. They continue the learning process until they were able to change the size of their page views to a million views per month, and even more for some others.
As a Digital Marketing expert, you will be responsible for managing the entire digital marketing wing of the company. You may also need to manage a team of people who are willing to conduct certain digital marketing campaigns. Digital marketing is the most effective when all of its components are complemented. It is also called Integrated Digital Marketing. If the company is large enough, the post can be the vice president of digital marketing where more managers report to the vice president. Such jobs are rapidly growing and can be very profitable.
You do NOT need to wizard to start your own business online and become a digital marketing expert. All you have to do is find out your passion and take action on your dreams. Some topics to build your online business around include (but not limited to) Personal Development, Health & Fitness, Wealth. Whatever you are passionate about, always focus on providing value to the people you are helping!
Yes, affiliate marketing does work especially as a digital marketer, but it is all worth it. What are you waiting for? Start today, start now and become a Digital Marketing Expert in no time!